The Red Hand of Doom
The Rest of the World
- Avalon – The primary campaign setting is based equally on pre-Elizabethan England and the Arthurian legends, with heavy influence from ancient faerie tales.
- Castille – Castille is the stronghold of the Vaticine church (more Gnostic than Catholic) where the masked El Vago fights the injustice of the Inquisition.
- Eisen – The Seven Kingdoms are equivalent to the various nation-states that would become real-world Germany now lie war-torn and divided after a religious-based civil war equivalent to the Thirty Years’ War.
- Montaigne – This nation was home to the decadent empire of the glorious Sun King Leon Alexandre du Montaigne; a decaying line of aristocracy has yet to bring about a “Montaigne Revolution.”
- Ussura – The icy parable of Russia lies on the brink of modernisation to what could be described as the “Russian Empire” but still lies in the hands of the cruel Gaius the Terrible.
- Vendel – These Dutch and Scandinavian cultures are in schism between the forming merchant Guilds and the ancient warrior traditions of the Vestenmannavnjar (Vikings).
- Vodacce – The Italian city-states are represented by the fracture and fractious islands of the scheming Merchant Princes all following the tenets of the Great Game.
- Cathay – The legendary parallel to China and the Orient is separated from the rest of the world by the mysterious Wall of Fire.
- The Crescent Empire contains sand, scimitars and other archetypal Middle Eastern fare.